Post Surgical Treatments - Total Knee Replacement
A total knee replacement is a surgical procedure whereby the diseased knee joint is replaced with an artificial material to make it function normally. If your knee is damaged by arthritis or injury, it may be hard for you to perform simple activities such as walking or climbing stairs. You may even have pain while sitting or lying down.
When is Total Knee Replacement surgery beneficial?
- Severe knee pain that limits your everyday activities such as walking, climbing stairs and getting in/out of chairs. Walking more than a few
blocks without severe pain is impossible.
- Significant knee pain while resting
- Inflammation and swelling that doesn’t improve with rest or medication
- Stiffness making it impossible to bend/straighten your knee
- Deformity of the knee; such as bowing in or out at the knee joint
- Little to no pain relief with medication