Common Issues - Back Pain
Low back pain affects a majority of the population at some point in their lifetime. There are different causes, but commonly it is caused by muscle strain. This occurs after sudden movement or attempting to lift heavy objects. Other contributing factors are bad posture and over use. Supportive ligaments can also become injured resulting in pain, inflammation and numbness not only in the back, but to other areas of the body as well.
What to do?
- Use ice immediately following an injury to reduce pain and swelling.
- Keep moving! Motion helps the spine stay mobile.
- Physical therapy will restore mobility with specific exercises, stretching and strengthening.
- Ultrasound will promote healing in ligaments.
- Electrical stimulation will relieve muscle spasms.